The DEEL Research Unit has recently developed prototypes for Online Student Response Services (SRS ), from the KA3-ICT EduMecca transversal pilot project 2009-2010:
- Available for modern mobile devices like Smartphones (Apple, Android,....), iPad, iPod, and PC, etc., it is currently tested and used in many European countries. This includes a small and a large manual containing all you need for start using SRS in mobile learning.
- Short SRS overview and comprehensive SRS user manual
- Here you may download the latest version of the SRS prototype. The system works on PC, Mac, and Linux, and may be used by most modern mobile devices that manage to read a HTML page. Our SRS may also be used for distance learning. This version is suitable for evaluation and testing purposes on a limited scale by teachers and instructors, and is not designed for permanent, large-scale deployments.
- Those who decide to try to use SRS in their own classes after such an initial testing period, should register here in order to get their own login account for their class at our server. We provide free use of SRS during a limited test period. However, we expect to get evaluation feedback during this test period.
iQSim Welding Simulator (from the Leonardo da Vinci Development of Inovation iQSim project 2008-2001)
Here are 100 welding video clips from the EuroMecca, iQSim and EduMecca projects. They include the following material:
- 27 video clips covering the MMA-method, Health Environment and Safety (HES), and MISC
- 36 video clips covering TIG welding
- 37 video clips covering MIG/MAG welding
Activity Based Training (ABT)
- Methods for Industrial Production Processes
- Methods for Quality Assurance and Quality Management training
The Research Unit is currently developing a new type of test and exam solution that utilizes the student’s own mobile devices. The prototype is expected to be available in the fall of 2011.